Monday, December 20, 2010

Simple Explorations

Today when I was painting up my sketches I decided not to finish this guy as I usually do.  I left out the changes in value because...I don't know, the simplicity of the local colour just really spoke to me.  I just find it calmer and I really think it works.  This is something I think I will explore more in the coming days.  Below this lady's colours are looking pretty darn muddy and I think that its a wake up call to clean my palette.  I always hate doing it cause I feel like I'm wasting so much paint.  But if it comes at the expense of a nice painting then I guess its worth it!!  As a side note this weekend I went down to St. Lawrence market to do some shopping.  While I was there I saw a group of people sketching!!  I went over to them to chat and turns out they were in fact animators as well.  They even invited me to sketch with them!  I didn't have my sketch book with me though so I had to decline.  Last time I leave home without it!  Either way I love meeting local artists.  It always puts a spring in my step!

1 comment:

  1. Nice work, Alicia. It's good to see you're making good use of your time! You make me want to do some life-drawing.

    -jeffrey

    ReplyDelete