Friday, January 7, 2011

X


For the last few days my motivation to draw has been a little low.  Because of that my drawings were coming out badly.  I was putting down lines that I felt like had no control over and that I knew were wrong. Either way I pushed forward.  Today when I went to draw I said "enough" to myself and just really focused.  I find it helps to imagine what the person is thinking to establish an emotional connection with your drawing.  Its like writing a book or play.  When you understand the character on a personal level the story writes itself.  When I made a connection with a person in my head it was effortless to draw them.  In fact I did 11 pages today!

1 comment:

  1. Just stumbled across your blog.
    Really love your style. its very illustrative and kinda reminds me of Lowry!!
    Keep up the lovely work. I'll be back!
    Best wishes,
    T.x

    ReplyDelete